The Protectorate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay...

4 posters

Go down

Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay... Empty Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay...

Post  Frey Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm not sure if this will affect anybody or make any difference since I'm so scarcely seen anyways, but I have some news.

I'm basically retired, if you see me on it's because one of my recruits signed up and gave me 30 days to my account. I've tried to get on and play recently and I'm just not feeling it. I've actually found the reason why and it's this: When I play a video game, especially MMOs, I need to feel like I'm stolen away in the story and atmosphere. I need to be able to surround myself with the environment and get lost in a whole new world or else I feel like it's an accessory to everyday life and that's boring to me. Coming from FFXI (my first MMO) where everything was huge (I really never minded the 15min. runs to point B) and the storyline was extremely submersive, I guess I'm spoiled. Games like Zelda, and other Final Fantasy titles allow me to dive in and get lost for hours on end and I'm ok with that.

Warhammer allows me to gather up with some friends and hit 6 a lot and that's about it. I really should've seen it coming when the first day I was grinding I actually ran from T1 starting area to Caledor and thought "that's it?" I know in FFXI I've caught myself sitting in my mog house for extended periods staring at my character because he has some purdy gear or item in his house. When I log into WAR I feel like I'm playing with little plastic action figures that don't really ever do what I want them to. I've tried to force myself to gather up annihilator gear and even bloodlord and I can't do it. PQs are just filler quests no matter what optional tome entry you give me to read and instances don't make them anymore special. RvR is just tiresome to me. I've never been into much PvP anyways and I do recall many of you asking me "why are you playing a PvP centered game?" You were so right to have asked that lol. I don't get the feeling that there's an urgency to defend my race's pride and that goes for any other race as well.

I would almost go as far to say that WoW is more captivating to me, although I don't enjoy the gameplay in that at all. Something about it doesn't sit right with me and I can never tell why, but at least there's a tad bit of depth to the storyline which is put together in cinemas every now and then.

I won't prolong this thread anymore and bore you with stories, but I'll leave it at this:

I bought into the hype, rode the wave for a little while, and finally landed and settled on a beach of disappointment.

I wish you all the best lootz and lulz, and know this isn't the last you've seen of Frey the babykiller, but he'll be less likely to show his face in /a to harass you all... and you'll miss that I know.

xoxo,
Frey
Frey
Frey
Admin

https://theprotectorate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay... Empty Re: Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay...

Post  Rhyas Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:34 am

Awwww Frey!!!

So does this mean because you won’t be playing too much in game you are going to harass me more via cell phone?

It’s going to suck to lose you, but I understand where you are coming from. It is hard to play a MMO and not be able to get into your character. I admit, in FFXI I felt myself more connected to Reya than to Rhyas on WAR.

I do appreciate that you posted something to let us know what is up and how you are feeling. You will always have a place in the guild so if you ever want to come back, you will have a home here.

I humbly thank you for the time, commitment and support you have given The Protectorate, Solomon and myself. Thank you for helping us establish this great guild on Monolith.

I hope you check in to say hello once in awhile either on the forums or in game!

Tell everyone on Quetz Reya says hello!

PS. Can I have your awesome lewtz and goldz?

PSS. Your face is still stupid

Take care, Drew! Wink

-Rhyas/Erica
Rhyas
Rhyas

Back to top Go down

Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay... Empty Re: Where Frey stands in terms of gameplay...

Post  Tremain Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 am

Theres never going to be any mmo as good as your first, no matter which one it was. Eventually you realize they are all basically exactly the same thing so you just play them for the people you are playing with instead of the gameplay.

Tremain

Back to top Go down

Post  Durgrin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 am

Sorry to see you go Frey, you will be missed with no doubt. May you enjoy your new adventures where ever they may be

Cya Man

Quickben / Greg
Durgrin
Durgrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down