The Protectorate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU!

3 posters

Go down

VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU! Empty VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU!

Post  Frey Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:26 am

So my roommate brought this up the other day saying one of her friends told her it was supposedly worse than soda, contains artificial ingredients, blah blah blah. I decided to do a little research and what I found was a bunch of uptight, nit-picky, old farts.

The main argument is that it contains too much sugar and calories. The bottle is a tad bit misleading cause it tells you there is 13g of sugar in it and 50 calories, BUT that's per serving and there's 2.5 servings per bottle. The second argument is that it contains crystalline fructose, which is a different compound but basically the same thing as high fructose corn syrup. Everyone hates high fructose corn syrup, and even I agree that it's bad for you in high volumes. Unfortunately that shit is everywhere in the US... that's a whole different issue than this one though.

The first and primary argument is easily knocked out. 32.5g of sugar even if it IS a sugar supplement is not extraordinarily high for a 20oz. bottle of "soft drink" considering even milk has 27.5 and don't even get me started on a 20oz. bottle of coke. At the same time coke doesn't provide any nutritional additives and rots out the inside of your stomach (ever seen what it does to an iron nail?). You want a better insight on sugar, look at your everyday juice's nutrition label, that's a trip.

The second argument is not as easily disrupted because, god forbid, it requires you to have elementary nutritional knowledge and the ability to read. Now you may not have known this and that's okay, but the main ingredients on any label are listed by percentages and/or ratios. The first ingredient being the most abundant and the last being not so abundant. Being a fluid the first ingredient is of course water. The second ingredient being... ok are you ready?... CANE SUGAR. Yes, cane sugar, although not as sweet as fructose variants it is much less complex (easier for your body to absorb) and much healthier. The third ingredient is finally crystalline fructose. So following the ingredient abundance logic, cane sugar >= crystalline fructose. Even if they are equal you would be receiving a 50/50 mix of both sugars and only receiving at most 16.25g of the bad stuff compared to a 20oz soda with 65g of straight sugar complexity!

Do you feel more enlightened? Next time (if at all) someone complains about you drinking vitamin water and how it's so bad for you take them to school with this newly acquired knowledge and tell them the all-time favorite schooled phrase:

SIT THE FUCK DOWN.
Frey
Frey
Admin

https://theprotectorate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU! Empty WOW

Post  IndoFlag Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:29 am

all I can say is wow.... affraid

IndoFlag

Back to top Go down

VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU! Empty Re: VITAMIN WATER IS NOT BAD FOR YOU!

Post  Frey Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:48 am

lol, general chat ftw
Frey
Frey
Admin

https://theprotectorate.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Salus Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:08 pm

You worry me sometimes Frey. But not as much as vitamin water, that stuff is scary.
Salus
Salus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum